How to prepare for MBA - Master of Business administration
MBA – Master of Business administration
Nowadays the most common Master’s degree is the Master of Business Administration. Almost everyone is going for an MBA degree. Whether the candidate is from B.Com, B.A. or Engineering background, the candidate can apply for an MBA degree. Candidates are requested to take a look at all the information below on how to prepare for MBA. –
Choose your MBA Specialisation –
- Human resources
- Operations management
- Sales and others.
This will help you short list your college. Each MBA college, more often than not, have their own entrance exams. Be aware. However, most of the entrance exams will follow the same format as mentioned below. Read on to find out how to best prepare for MBA.
MBA entrance examination pattern –
- There will be a total of 3 sections.
- The subjects are Mathematics, English Language and Logical Reasoning.
- Candidates need to clear the cut off in each of the section.
- The exam is online only.
- The questions will be of multiple choice types.
- After the exam an interview is conducted at the B-School.
Tips on how to prepare for MBA –
- Candidates need to prepare for all the three subjects equally well.
- A proper schedule needs to be prepared well in advance.
- At least a minimum of 6 months of preparation is required.
- All the study material needs to be accumulated within the first few days.
- Everyday minimum of 4-5 hours study is required.
- Start with the easier part of the syllabus.
- Cover as much syllabus well in time.
- Do not lose the momentum during the preparation phase.
- Study each and every topic.
- Do not skip topics during this preparation.
- Hard work is the key here.
- Do not practice the same question over and over again.
- Instead solve different types of problems in a larger amount.
- Time management is the key in this preparation.
- Practice all types of questions.
- For better English read the editorial page daily.
- Learn at least 5 new words daily.
- Along with the new words learn their synonyms and antonyms as well.
- Give more time on difficult subject topics.
- Finish your preparation at least 2 months prior to the date of the exam.
- Start giving mock tests and online MBA Tests.
- Try to compare your rank and score with other students.
- Improve your score each time you appear in the Mock test.
- Cover the topics once again where you feel you are lossing out on marks.
- Take breaks in-between to calm yourself down.
- Match your preparation with the schedule prepared at the beginning.
- Don’t give up midway during the preparation.
- The exam is not that tough, it just requires practice.
- All questions are from the syllabus only.
- There are many shortcuts on how to solve the exam.
- Learn all the shortcuts possible as time is the key element.
- Make notes as and when you prepare on each topic.
- These notes will be referred back to when you need to go through the subject again.
- A quick revision of all the topics needs to be done one week prior to the exam.
- All formulae need to be revised once again a few days before the exam.
- Give as many mock tests as possible to accustom to the pattern of the exam.
What to do on the day of the MBA exam –
- Be booming with self-confidence.
- You know it all and now it is time to execute your hard work!
- Wear comfortable clothes on the day of the exam.
- Do not get stressed or tensed in any way.
- Give your full dedication as well as effort during the exam.
- Focus on what the question is asking.
- Do not be in a hurry to answer each question.
- Do not waste time on lengthy questions.
- Many questions are in the exam to waste the time of the candidates.
- Candidates need to solve the questions using the fastest possible method
- Marks are only on the correct answers and not the method used.
- There will be negative marking for incorrect answers given.
- Reach the venue of the exam at least 15 more early.
- Read the newspaper in the morning before you go.
- Solve a few mathematics questions to enable your mind to begin thinking.
- Start solving the questions as and when they appear on the screen.
- Do not waste time in shuffling between the questions.
- Time management is the key here.
- Give equal time to all the sections.
Remember that this exam will check your speed and accuracy therefore maintain your nerves and you’re sure to do well.
Related Link: How to Prepare MAT Exam and Aptitude Test Exam
Important Link: MBA Coaching Institute in Jaipur || MBA Coaching Institute Sikar