How to prepare for HR – Human Resource
Preparing for an HR interview is one of the most common things a candidate faces these days. When a candidate applies to any company, the first thing that happens is that they meet the HR of that company. HR round is basically the first step towards entering a company. Given below is a list of details on how to prepare for HR round and what to expect from the HR team.
Details about the HR Interview –
- HR interview is the first step towards achieving a job in your dream company.
- It is the duty of HR to judge your personality, strengths and weakness.
- HR does a background check about you as well.
- The duty of the candidate is to make sure the HR gets convinced that you are ideal for the job.
- If a candidate fails the HR round then he/she will not be entertained ahead.
- However, clearance of the HR round does not guarantee a job.
- After clearance of HR round you have the technical round as well as a meeting with the M.D.
- The meeting with the M.D may depend upon the level of the post and the company structure.
How to prepare for HR interview –
- Study in depth about the company profile.
- Study about the vacancy and the type of skill set required.
- Equip yourself with all the information possible.
- Match your current profile with the company position.
- Prepare yourself to talk on why you should be selected.
- Be formally dressed and be organized with your documents.
- Study your resume.
- Be double sure about all the details mentioned in it.
- Be confident when HR asks questions from the resume.
- Check the company website before the interview.
- Understand the company model and how they work.
- Understand the company policies beforehand and their products and services.
- Check the hierarchy structure of the company.
- See the LinkedIn profiles of at least the person whom you are going to meet.
- Know the competitors of the company beforehand.
- Have a mental interview with yourself first and then go ahead to the company.
Few basic questions asked and how to prepare for them in HR interview –
- Tell me about yourself.
- The question mainly focuses on your family and educational background.
- You can move onto about your career growth later.
- Be brief in the introduction and don’t make it too lengthy.
- Why do you want to change your company?
- The answer should be positive only.
- The reason should sound genuine.
- Best answer is “looking for a better growth and more opportunities”.
- Why do you think you are suitable for this job?
- Here the talent, skills possessed by the candidate has to be talked upon.
- Past experiences and references can also be given.
- How well will you handle pressure situations?
- This is a very specific answer and has to be answered with an example.
- One may talk about their skills in that situation in full depth.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Always talk about both these areas in a positive way.
- Any negative answer will have adverse effects.
- One cannot say that I have no weakness at all.
- What are your achievements so far?
- In this area you can talk about all the certifications and achievements done in the previous organization.
- Also one can talk contributions to the society as well.
- What is your salary expectation?
- This is also a tricky area. Never quote the exact figure.
- Mention the percentage hike or approximate salary you are looking at.
- Prepare a set of questions for them as well.
- The growth plan of the candidate.
- The career plan.
- Rules and regulations.
On the day of the HR interview –
- Be yourself only.
- Wear comfortable formal clothes.
- Shoes need to be polished.
- Carry a handkerchief.
- Carry a hard copy of the resume.
- Listen to the interviewer carefully.
- Don’t give arrogant answers.
- Do not brag about yourself.
- Be very gentle and polite.
- The cell phones need to be on silent mode.
Related Link: How to Prepare GRE Exam and Improve Learning Ability
Other Link: How to Success in Exam Time | Top Job Interview Preparation Question