How to prepare for DMRC – Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
DMRC Overview –
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation exams are held once every year to recruit the desiring candidates into the various positions.The Entrance test for DMRC is a very competitive exam. Also, it is important to note that now all applications come online and are to be submitted online. There are notices which appear in the newspapers but to be sure, keep a check on the official website for latest updates.
Talking about latest updates, the syllabus and the exam format for DMRC exam has been changed recently. Read on to know more about these changes.To begin with, candidates now have to be thorough in their subject. You will be tested on your in-depth knowledge of your subject. Apart from this, please find below other important points which will help the candidates on how to prepare for DMRC.
DMRC Name of the post –
Under DMRC exam, one can opt for a number of positions. These positions include Station Controller, Train operator, CRA and Junior Engineers etc.
DMRC Minimum qualification required –
- A candidate must be a graduate from any field.
- All fields of B.A, B.Sc., B.Tech, B.Com graduates can apply for DMRC job.
Details of the DMRC Exam –
- This exam consists of 2 papers.
- Both papers are held on the same day.
- Both exams will be of 1.5 hours each.
- Paper – 1 will be of multiple choice type questions.
- In total there will be 480 questions in Paper 1.
- Paper – 1 will consist of –
- General awareness – 120 marks
- English – 120 marks
- Logical Ability – 120 marks
- Quantitative Ability – 120 marks.
- Paper – 2 will be subjective in nature.
- Paper – 2 will test the candidate on comprehension and writing skills.
- Paragraph writing, Essay and Science & technology will be included in this paper.
DMRC Selection procedure –
- All candidates need to clear the written test which has two papers.
- Next stage is the Personal Interview.
- Last and final stage for DMRC selection is the Medical examination.
Tips of How to prepare for Paper – 1 DMRC –
- Have a deep knowledge on the graduate level topics.
- Strengthen your general awareness.
- Candidates must follow a National Newspaper.
- Global awareness is also important.
- Candidates should not take too much stress as both papers are on the same day. Therefore, it is important for one to remain calm. This will help one give their best.
- Previous year’s DMRC exam can be used for practice.
- Candidates should accustom themselves to the pattern of the exam.
- Candidates should be used to solving multiple choice type questions.
- Each and every topic needs to be covered in details.
- The course must be completed at least one month prior to the date of the exam. This will give you time to practice with online exams and mock tests.
- While preparing, try and improve your score every time with the mock tests etc.
- Accuracy and Precision are two major tools to be used wisely.
Tips of How to prepare for Paper- 2 DMRC –
- Candidates need to practice a lot. Practice to write long answers within a set time.
- Formation of sentences has to be grammatically correct.
- Since this paper is of 1.5 hours only, the speed will affect the results.
- Questions and answers need to be practiced along with diagrams.
- Essay writing for almost any topic needs to be prepared.
- Thorough knowledge on the topic of current affairs is a must.
- Previous years question papers needs to be solved and cross checked for mistakes.
- Candidates are advised to work towards putting their points across using shorter sentences.
- Grammatical mistakes and fact error will lead to awarding of lesser marks.
Final words on DMRC exam preparation –
Since the DMRC exam papers are held on the same day, it is important for one to have a control over their stress. The calmer you will be, the better you will perform. Also, since we are now so used to typing that we have forgotten how to write by hand without making mistakes in grammar and spellings. Remember that there will be no spell check to help you. Therefore, practice as hard for writing for the subjective paper. Mock tests and online tests are very important while preparing for exams like DMRC. This is because they help one understand the format of questions and also helps one understand their speed. Especially for the written paper, it is important that you practice with time.
All being said; stay calm while preparing and work hard! Both exams will be on the same day therefore, the clearer your mind is, the better you will perform. On that note, “All the very best.”
Related Link: How to Prepare For Assistant Commandant Exam | Central Teacher Eligibility Test Exam